This project provides a simple object transformation framework implementing the Node.js
stream.Transform API. Transformations are based on a user function which must be provided. It was originally developed as a part of the Node.js CSV package (
npm install csv) and can be used independently.
Source code for this project is available on GitHub.
- Extends the native Node.js transform stream API
- Simplicity with the optional callback and sync API
- Pipe transformations between readable and writable streams
- Synchronous versus asynchronous user functions
- Sequential and parallel execution
- Accept object, array or JSON as input and output
- Sequential or user-defined concurrent execution
- Skip and multiply records
- Alter or clone input records
npm install csv to install the full CSV module or run
npm install stream-transform if you are only interested by this package.
Data is expected to be an array of records. Records may be provided in any form such as a string, an array or an object. Options can be placed in any positions.